Best of Rome 2019
Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Best of Rome 2019 is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Imagine the roar of the crowds in the Colosseum, crane your neck at the Sistine Chapel, and sample every single flavour of pizza and gelato the city offers - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
InsideLonely Planet's Best of Rome 2019:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itinerarieshelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tipsto save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, architecture, food, wine, sport, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out map(included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you explore
- CoversAncient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, Quirinale, Vatican City, Borgo, Prati, Trastevere, Gianicolo, Monti, Esquilino, San Lorenzo, San Giovanni, Testaccio, Villa Borghese, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Rome 2019, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Rome's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet's Italyguide.
Looking for more extensive city coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Romeguide. Going for a short break or weekend? Pocket Romeis our handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights, while Make My Day Romeis a uniquely interactive guide that allows you to effortlessly plan your itinerary by flipping, mixing and matching top sights.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
- : 9781786571649
- : Lonely Planet Publications
- : Lonely Planet Publications
- : 0.301185
- : August 2018
- : .55 Inches X 5.04 Inches X 7.76 Inches
- : books
- : Lonely Planet Publications Staff; Duncan Garwood (Contribution by); Nicola Williams
- : Paperback
- : 3
- : English
- : 258